C6 Semi Skilled Fitter
Bournemouth Depot is home to a number of South Western Railway's fleet. The engineering team at the depot are currently responsible for numerous projects such as the major component overhaul work on the 159 fleet, the Desiro repaint on the class 444's and 450's and the latest modification project on our exciting new Arterio fleet that is set to transform travel on our suburban routes by offering customers much faster and more reliable journeys!
The holder of this post is responsible for servicing, maintenance and repair of rolling stock in accordance with South Western Railway specifications. Plus adherence to depot protection, safety, quality and environmental procedures, rules and regulations in force.
Responsible to the Production Manager, the post provides support for the delivery of the product and completion of relevant documentation
- Work to laid down specification and depot quality systems/ working instructions.
- Complete and check necessary documentation associated with work sheets, unit history etc.
- Ensure materials are available to carry out the necessary tasks, and inform the Team Leader/C6 Project Manager of any issues.
- Undertake work in a safe manner and leading by example.
- Impart knowledge from technical staff briefs.
- Obtain, use, care for, and return all test equipment and/or common user/specialist tools.
- Advise Team Leader of any additional work outside of the specification.
- Work to be undertaken to comply with depot quality procedures.
Specific Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
Good Mechanical Background
Good communication skills
Working an average of 37 hours over a 4.5 day week.
Week 1: 20:00 - 06:00 Mon to Thurs
Week 2: 07:00 - 15:00 Mon To Fri
You must have at least 6 months left on your visa at the time of appointment
Other important information - because we always need to be alert, we have very strict requirements around drugs and alcohol and therefore you will need to pass a medical, also checking your general health. You will also need to be able to complete a number of assessments that ensure you are the right person for this varied yet demanding role.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant), 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Engineering
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bournemouth Depot
- Salary:£30,734 per annum plus £451 regional allowance per annum
- Closing Date:24 September 2023