Commercial Insights Analyst
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Commercial Insights Analyst for the Commercial Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled Commercial Insights Analyst to join South Western Railway's Commercial Revenue team. Your engagement with key stakeholders within the business will influence and shape our understanding of our customers and our markets.
The Commercial Insights Analyst role sits within the Revenue Team which forms part of the Revenue & Commercial Strategy Team. The Revenue Team consists of three Commercial Insights Analysts along with three Senior Analysts, and is led by the Senior Revenue Manager. The role would suit someone with 2-3 years analytical experience.
- A strategic and proactive team within the Commercial Department, providing actionable initiatives to help drive revenue growth or mitigate risk through in-depth analysis
- Passionate about supporting the development of all our colleagues
- Looking for the best analytical talent out there to join our already accomplished team
- An expert user of Excel for modelling and analysis, with experience using BI Tools, Access and SQL desirable
- Passionate about analysis, having 2-3 years' experience working in a relevant field
- From a numerical or scientific background, with a Degree and A-levels (or equivalent) in one or both fields
- Skilled in translating complex data and concepts into easy to understand and relevant management information
- Able to communicate and clearly explain complex concept to a variety of audiences
- Passionate about influencing the success of the SWR business
- Familiar with relevant rail commercial systems (e.g. Lennon, MOIRA) desirable
- Knowledgeable about SWR, our network and passenger markets
- Producing revenue reports to meet SWR, First Group and DfT requirements – focus on providing insight in report commentary including performance against forecast, variance, and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis to evaluate the impact of external events or business initiatives
- Undertaking research into SWR markets, revenue growth or products requiring in-depth focus; explaining trends and leading to actionable initiatives that drive revenue growth
- Supporting the analysis and reporting requirements of all stakeholders to help deliver revenue generative initiatives
- Delivering analysis and insight to inform robust revenue forecasts and long-term business plans
- Supporting the Budget and Reporting Manager in developing the revenue model and accompanying modelling suite
Working on average 37 hours per week:
Monday - Friday (office hours)
Please note this role is base at South Bank Central but could support some remote working.
We offer a working environment that rewards staff for the enormous contribution they make. We offer colleagues the chance to develop and provide them with the training and development resources to achieve their career goals.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Salary:Up to £37,605 per annum
- Closing Date:10 February 2023