Credit Control and Treasury Assistant
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed (this includes your name, address and email address). Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Ownership of the Credit Control and Treasury function at South Western Railway. To manage accounts receivables including Headquarter, Business Travel and Property Debtors including evaluating new credit requests and conducting client credit checks where appropriate, raising invoices, and managing and chasing debts. Associated reporting. To accurately allocate cash on the company's bank accounts on a daily basis. Generate BACs and cheque runs and ad hoc payments that are requested on a daily/weekly basis. Ensure mandates are kept up to date. Associated reporting.
- Assist the Credit Control and Treasury Manager to
- Manage and embed a robust and efficient control environment that ensures that all supplemental revenue / income streams are converted into cash.
- Manage the delivery of accurate and timely reporting on our Debtor ledger and facilitating the actions of the team to resolve issues.
- Promote the profile of the accounts receivable team within the business and facilitating stakeholder relationship development.
- Ensure that the sales order to cash receipt process is clearly understood by the team and stakeholders and that the organisation is kept up to date of changes to said process.
- Ensure all deadlines are
- Ensure that tenant billing is accurate and in line with the agreed lease
- Ensure that the Business Travel billing is accurate and in line with
- Develop and maintain robust and complete process and controls
- Design and produce insightful periodic
- Manage issue of customer
- Assist in the management of the credit control function: raising Accounts Receivable invoices as requested, ensuring processes are in place so that payments are received efficiently and
- Assist the Credit Control and Treasury Manager to
- manage all cash related transactions, credit control processes and the associated internal and external relationships.
- manage the accurate posting of all bank transactions on a daily
- manage and initiate BACs proposals and follow through to payment allocation in
- manage and create cheque pay runs (including delay repay & consequential loss).
- manage and prepare any CHAPs payment requests and ensure these are processed in a timely manner.
- manage and ensure remittance advices are sent out to
- manage and complete requests to 3rd parties for station coin
- manage and complete balance sheet reconciliations across all areas of
- manage and coordinate the updating of Bank Mandates as
- manage and coordinate the approval of bank instructions in line with
- work with the Deputy Financial Controller to design and produce insightful periodic
- Reporting into the Credit Control and Treasury Manager and working closely with the Financial Reporting and Finance Business Partner function, Group Treasury and other Directors / Heads of as
- Some support and other ad hoc projects as required
- Lead business process improvements that continue to improve the quality and timeliness of our reporting and processes.
- The successful candidate will be analytical, computer literate, numerate, with a good attention to detail and will have experience which demonstrates this skill set.
- Positive, proactive and dynamic within the role, encouraging sharing of ideas and information across the team.
- Rail industry experience not
- Treasury management and Credit Control experience with proven track record of achieving excellent results.
- Driving and delivering high quality Financial Analysis and Reporting across Treasury and Accounts Receivable.
- Excellent Customer Service skills with diligence and
- Self-motivated with finance experience and able to work on own Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication
- Confident in Excel, Word and SAP/SAP BI/SAP Business Objects Work to a set timescale, there are regular periodic and internal deadlines
Working an average of 37 hours per week over 5 days – standard office hours
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant), 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Please note applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Closing Date:24 September 2023