Customer Service Administrator (Admin) Part-time
Who are we?
South Western Railway (SWR) operates over 1,500 services each weekday across the network and employs more than 5,000 people. We provide easy and convenient mobility, connecting people and communities in South West London, southern counties of England and the Isle of Wight.
Join our team and help us continue to improve quality of life by bringing people together to get the most out of life.
SWR is part of FirstGroup, the largest rail operator in the UK and second largest bus operator in the UK outside London. FirstGroup operates services throughout the UK and Ireland, with over 30,000 employees providing services that make travel smoother and life easier. FirstGroup works hard to reduce its impact on the environment, introducing cleaner and more environmentally responsible methods of transport.
About the Team:
The customer contact centre is a busy and interesting place to work, dealing with a vast array of customers enquiries and complaints through different methods.
About the Job:
You will focus your time corresponding with customers via our Customer Relationship Management System, handling a variety of phone calls such as, providing information on journeys, compensation, refunds, and handling complaints.
If you have a passion for providing our customers with an excellent customer experience, you have outstanding IT skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a great telephone manner, then this job could be for you.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Accept incoming contacts, providing advice and fulfilling customer requirements in an impartial way. Where necessary log call details so that follow up action can be taken, and customer service issues are resolved.
- Ensure that you meet any personal performance targets that may be set and actively participate in any Team goals.
- Participate in the Team Briefing process, ensuring that you become familiar with any changes to your working environment.
- Remain familiar with the contents and how to use any relevant commercial publication and associated database reference sources.
- Become and remain conversant with the features and functionality of any business equipment and software provided for your use.
- Ensure your own personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Participate in correspondence, fulfilment, and data preparation routines.
- Ensure that any event that has or could seriously damage the customer experience is relayed to a CSC Manager.
- Ensure that any changes to ticketing arrangements, procedures or the train service that are discovered in the course of your duty is relayed to your Team Leader promptly.
Contact With Others
- CSC Team members, CSC Managers, Head of Customer Contact, Customer Service Directorate and Board
- Colleagues within South Western Railway
- External Professional bodies
- General Public
Previous experience of working in a customer service role is required, with a telephony background being an advantage. Additional skills required:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good general education.
About the location:
Overline House is conveniently situated overlooking Southampton Central Station and is easily accessible by public transport. The station is very local to West Quay, a hub for retailers and restaurants, and provides an excellent link between London, Coastal areas and the Isle of Wight.
Working an average of 32 hrs per week across 4 days - to be discussed at interview.
We offer a variety of valuable other benefits including; free standard duty travel and standard leisure travel on SWR services for employee, standard leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
We all belong at SWR. FirstGroup's vision is to provide an inclusive environment for all colleagues, across its group of businesses, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA+, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We maintain a zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Customer Experience
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:32
- Location:Overline House, Southampton
- Salary:Starting at £20,971 per annum pro rata plus £451 regional allowance per annum pro rata
- Closing Date:24 September 2023