Customer Service Advisor - Southampton
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Join our Customer Service Contact Centre as a Customer Service Advisor in Southampton and you will recognise that customer contact is a busy and interesting place to work, dealing with a vast array of customers enquiries and complaints through different methods.
You will focus your time corresponding with customers via our Customer Relationship Management System, handling a variety of phone calls such as, providing information on journeys, compensation, refunds, and handling complaints.
If you have a passion for providing our customers with an excellent customer experience, you have outstanding IT skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a great telephone manner, then this job could be for you.
- Accept incoming contacts, providing advice and fulfilling customer requirements in an impartial way. Where necessary log call details so that follow up action can be taken, and customer service issues are resolved.
- Ensure that you meet any personal performance targets that may be set and actively participate in any Team goals.
- Participate in the Team Briefing process, ensuring that you become familiar with any changes to your working environment.
- Remain familiar with the contents and how to use any relevant commercial publication and associated database reference sources.
- Become and remain conversant with the features and functionality of any business equipment and software provided for your use.
- Ensure your own personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Participate in correspondence, fulfilment, and data preparation routines.
Previous experience of working in a customer service role is required, with a telephony background being an advantage.
Additional skills required:
- Being flexible with the day to day activities.
- You must be a good communicator (verbal and written),
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate empathy with both internal and external customers while working in pressurised situations.
- Confident use in modern technology
- High level of customer focus, with a positive can do attitude
- Ability to work in a team.
Working an average of 37 hours per week.
15-week roster, Sunday to Saturday between the hours of 08:00 - 20:00.
Includes a variety of shift patterns, examples include early shift = 0800-1600, mid shift - 1000-1800 and a late shift - 1200-2000.
The starting salary for this role is £19,873 per annum plus regional allowance of £451 per annum, the salary rises to £23,475 per annum plus regional allowance of £451 per annum (once fully competent in the role)
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and standard leisure travel on SWR services for employee, standard leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant), 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Overline House, Southampton
- Salary:£19,873 per annum plus £451 regional allowance
- Closing Date:31 March 2023