Duty Resource Manager (Outer)
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Lead all aspects of the day to day resource management of South Western Railway Drivers, Metro Guards and Commercial Guards. Ensuring delivery of a safe, punctual train service within budgetary guidelines. Proactive management of train crew resources to minimise train service delays.
- Co-ordinate drivers, guards and commercial guards on a day to day basis ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Ensure fitness of duty of traincrew when booking on and off duty.
- Responsible for accurate recording of traincrew sickness, including timely reporting to line managers.
- Responsible for the management for the display of safety critical information.
- Responsible for the timely submission of traincrew reports.
- Conduct first line chain of care when required.
- Contribute towards the efficient structure of traincrew diagrams and links through liaison with appropriate line managers.
- Through proactive resourcing arrangements contribute to the continued improvement in SWRs train performance.
- Establish a leadership style to consistently promote SWTs vision and values with a strong focus on professional business delivery.
- Responsible for certification and authorisation of traincrew overtime.
- Ensure all diagram changes are communicated to traincrew.
- Responsible for the dissemination of traincrew diagrams and amended diagrams within terms and conditions
- Use of IT software packages such as Genius, Crewplan, Trust, P2, etc to improve dissemination of information and improve productivity.
- Retain a detailed knowledge of train crew conditions of service and local depot codifications
- Knowledge of rostering, FR&I, GRI, DRI and the national and business conditions of service
- Detailed understanding of performance regimes
- Knowledge of route geography and traction essential.
- Experience in the Railway industry is not essential but could be an advantage
- Leadership qualities together with general management, interpersonal skills, clear thinking, judgment and organisation ability.
- Have an appreciation of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience in a strongly unionised environment desirable.
- Educated to a good academic standard with a professional certificate in management desirable
- Proven ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise.
- Proven excellent communication skills.
Average of 42 hours per week over 5 days.
Shifts cover early and late hours. Also there are spare shifts which can cover any shift and at short notice.
You will be required to work night turns to cover other centres.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme
Applicants who require a visa must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:42
- Salary:£36,110 - £40,117
- Closing Date:24 March 2023