MB2 Train Presentation Team leader
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed (this includes your name, address and email address). Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
To lead and direct a team to undertake basic and heavy cleaning of the internal and external environment of the units, ensuring all trains are clean and presented to the highest standard. Ensure all staff carry out their cleaning duties in accordance with laid down schedules, using only approved equipment and chemicals and wearing the appropriate clothing as specified in the COSHH regulations.
- Ensure all subordinate staff are effectively deployed and supervised to cover the workload.
- Ensure all timekeeping and potential disciplinary irregularities are reported to the management team.
- Ensure all staff work to appropriate safety and other applicable regulations and that the appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
- Ensure safety clothing and equipment supplied is used as dictated by the task being performed and is maintained in sound condition and renewed when necessary.
- Ensure that rolling stock requiring attention is identified and reported including any stock that is berthed temporarily off diagram.
- Ensure all work carried out is performed effectively and to laid down standards.
- Give guidance and training to staff as required.
- Ensure the depot and its amenities are maintained in an acceptable clean, tidy, and safe condition.
- Conduct the necessary quality and safety checks as defined by the Fleet Depot Manager.
- Effectively control stores, materials, and equipment.
- Ensure all records required are up to date and kept in accordance with depot procedures.
- Additional tasks as specified by the Fleet Depot Manager.
- To carry out shunting and Train Prep duties as required.
- Undertake CET and Tanking Duties as required.
- Good knowledge of all carriage cleaning specifications and COSHH regulations.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of depot operating procedures and safety requirements.
- Experience in Supervising and leading a Team.
Working an average of 37 hours per week over 5 days.
Shift times 2030 - 0530, nights
This role attracts a shift premium allowance of circa £10,000 per annum for night working in addition to the advertised salary.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and standard class leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free standard class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Barton Mill Traincare Depot, Basingstoke
- Salary:£30,734 per annum plus regional allowance of £451 per annum
- Closing Date:16 June 2023