MB3 Maintenance - Salisbury TCD
Salisbury Depot is home to South Western Railway's award winning Class 15X diesel fleet. The engineering team at the depot are responsible for all aspects of maintenance and repair of the trains, this includes engines, transmissions, electrical control equipment, HVAC, and the passenger environment amongst many other systems.
Serving the West of England, the SWR Class 15X are the long-standing reliability and performance leaders in their field across the UK due to the hard-working team at Salisbury depot. Knowledge, pride, and accountability among everyone at Salisbury helps make it a great environment to work, thrive and deliver the best possible journeys for our customers.
The holder of this post is responsible for servicing, maintenance, repair and overhaul of traction units, components, and equipment in accordance with specifications. The holder will a deer to safety, quality and environmental procedures, rules and regulations that have been put in place and will ensure that all trains are fit for service before releasing them.
What are your responsibilities?
- Supervise and mentor assistants, contractors and apprentices and provide on the job training and support where required.
- Undertake routine maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation.
- Attend track calls and carry out repairs where appropriate.
- Drive road vehicles as required and operate forklift trucks within depot confines.
- Prepare units for service ensuring a clean and presentable environment.
- Work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead when required.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- You will need to have completed a recognised Advanced Modern Apprenticeship and hold a minimum level 3 engineering qualifications with relevant experience within a predominately electrical engineering environment.
- To be successful in the role, you will need strong electrical, mechanical and fault diagnosis experience. Rail experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and quality procedures.
- Road vehicle/forklift licences highly desirable.
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic, fault-finding, and rectification purposes.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
- Fault-finding experience is highly desired for this role.
- Ability to produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports.
Base salary for an MB3 Maintenance is £38,143 per annum plus a regional allowance, however many shift patterns offer additional enhancements. There may also be additional enhancements for working nights.
Working an average of 37 hours per week.
12-hour shifts, 4 on 4 off - Permanent nightshift including weekends and bank holidays
At SWR we believe in providing our staff with the best tools and training to carry out tasks to the best of their ability. Upon joining, you will attend technical rolling stock specific training courses at Salisbury Depot, you will also attend a variety of other courses relevant the role including Personal Track Safety, Health and Safety training, and Non-Technical Skills.
Other important information - because we always need to be alert, we have very strict requirements around drugs and alcohol and therefore you will need to pass a medical, also checking your general health. You will also need to be able to complete a number of assessments that ensure you are the right person for this varied yet demanding role.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and standard class leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free standard class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Salisbury Train Care Depot
- Salary:£38,143 per annum plus £451 regional allowance
- Closing Date:30 June 2023