MB3 Plant Maintenance - Farnham Train Care Depot
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
The holder of this post is responsible for servicing, maintenance, and repair of all Depot facilities within Farnham Depot and associated sidings at Basingstoke and Woking.
Adherence to depot protection, safety, quality and environmental procedures, rules and regulations in force.
Responsible to the Depot Manager, the post provides support for all associated depot equipment and to react to depot faults as they arise in addition all maintenance records must be kept up to date.
- Work to laid down specification and depot quality systems/ working instructions.
- Complete and check necessary documentation associated with work sheets, etc.
- Undertake work in a safe manner and leading by example.
- Impart knowledge from technical staff briefs
- Carry out all monitored checks i.e. PAT testing and recording.
- Legionella compliance checks.
- Undertake in process quality checks.
- Obtain, use, care for, and return all test equipment and/or common user/specialist tools.
- Conduct weekly/monthly checks on depot plant and equipment.
- Loading/Unloading of delivery vehicles
- Advise Depot Manager of any additional work outside of the specification.
- Support communication processes Movement Managers for example accidents/ incidents and depot faults.
- Work to be undertaken to comply with depot quality procedures.
- Supervise and mentor assistants and apprentices and provide on the job training where required.
- Perform duties of own grade and below as directed and within competency
- Additional tasks as specified by Depot Manager, within competencies.
- Principle accountabilities may differ from depot to depot and you will be required to sign the job description acknowledgement sheet.
- Successful completion of training and courses relevant to role
- Qualified in 17th Edition wiring regulations with good general buildings maintenance experience.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Personal Track Safety
- INBS operation
- Fork-lift licence
- Full UK Driving licence as will be required to drive company vehicles including 3.5t Vans.
- Emergency first aid
Monday to Friday 0800-1600
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Farnham Train Care Depot
- Salary:£38,143 per annum plus regional allowance of £951 per annum
- Closing Date:10 February 2023