PA to Directors
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Acting as the first point of contact for the Communications and Finance Directors you will provide personalised secretarial and administration support in a well organised and timely manner. You will work on a one to one basis with both directors on a variety of tasks ensuring that you exercise your judgment on priorities. You will interact with staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert level written and verbal communications skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are vital.
- PA to Communications and Finance Directors
- Provide professional all round administrative support to the Directors.
- Co-ordination and planning of the activities of both Directors.
- Extensive diary management, arranging meetings, appointments both internally and externally.
- Ensuring directors are fully prepared for meetings with supporting paperwork and information, including co-ordinating briefings where necessary.
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence where necessary.
- Receiving and providing highly complex and sensitive information in a strictly confidential and professional manner.
- Making travel arrangements, booking venues and catering arrangements for meetings and conferences as needed including expense reimbursement.
- Drafting correspondence, if required, on behalf of the Directors.
- Prioritise and manage work and follow through any issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and process information in a way which meets the required standards around data protection.
- Provide cover for the other PA's to Directors during periods of sickness and annual leave.
Specific Knowledge and Experience Essential
- Educated to a high standard, preferably A Level or equivalent, or significant proven experience in a fast paced administration environment.
- Able to work independently without supervision whilst managing precise timeframes
- Proven experience of ability to prioritise and time manage, working in a busy office environment.
- Proven experience of working in a confidential environment.
- Able to communicate clearly via a range of means and with people at all levels of the business including drafting correspondence where necessary
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and displaying business acumen
- Experienced in working in a team.
- Experienced in working from own initiative with the ability to multitask
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, and in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong data analytical skills and ability to make information clear for presentations
- Highly organised and resourceful
- Ability to develop and maintain relationship with colleagues, as well as working across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of working as a Director level PA
- Experience of supporting a finance or communications function
- Experience of working in the transportation industry
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and 1st class leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free 1st class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Closing Date:3 December 2021