South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed (this includes your name, address and email address). Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
The post holder is responsible for reporting and analysis to drive performance improvement and comply with contractual reporting obligations.
- Improve, execute, and effectively communicate significant analyses and reports that identify meaningful trends and opportunities to improve performance
- Collaboratively support and improve the data quality process
- Support the performance improvement process, and work collaboratively to improve the process
- Undertake strategic analysis to understand timetable impact on performance using software such as TRENO / Act as the Performance expert for TRENO and other railway software systems
- Provide strong and timely business analytic decision support to business stakeholders
- Investigate and exploit the use of relevant data sources and analytical software to provide the full performance story
- Prepare, analyse, and summarise various weekly, monthly, and periodic performance results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports, specifications and instructions
- Analyse and interpret data involving company procedures, policies, and contractual obligations
- Use analytical software such as TRENO to create KPIs, periodic reports and analysis to inform the business of emerging trends
- Support the development of the analytics, modelling and reporting best practice
- Undertake additional tasks applicable to role as required
- Advanced numerical and analytical skills with experience collecting, organising, analysing, and disseminating large volumes of information with accuracy
- Experience of data analysis in a business environment, including the use of appropriate software, with examples of driving real performance change
- Excellent IT skills, including the Microsoft suite and at least one specific analytical or reporting tool
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team and to influence others, including senior leaders
- Ability to communicate complex and large amounts of data in a written, verbal, and visual form
- Has a positive attitude and a ‘can-do' collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Self-motivating and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to plan and deliver to tight timescales
- Understanding railway performance regimes and operational procedures
- Knowledge and ability to interrogate Railway Industry software systems is desirable
Working an average of 37 hours per week
Monday to Friday, standard office hours
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free standard class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Closing Date:19 August 2022