Rail Community Officer Manager - Mainline
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
The Rail Community Officer's Manager will ensure direct leadership of the Rail Community Officer (RCO) teams in their assigned area, providing immediate support, guidance, presence, ensuring consistent performance is delivered.
The RCO manager will be responsible for ensuing crimes and incidents in their designated area are appropriately managed in line with Security Department Toolkit.
The post holder will be expected to complete and take part in a variety of projects and initiatives that support the Security Departments objectives.
- Direct leadership of all RCOs and all the associated duties.
- Perform operational duties at least 3-4 times a month and support Special Operations at a Strategic level in uniform.
- Own and report on locational crimes and incidents.
- Carry out stages of the formalised Company processes, i.e. Disciplinary, Poor Performance and Attendance Procedures.
- Effective tasking of RCOs on the network reflecting business needs and following the “Intelligence led, Evidence based" principle.
- Establish an effective working relationship with the British Transport Police, Home Office Police forces, local councils, outside agencies and other SWR departments to effectively address problems of crime and disorder in partnership.
- Accountable for ensuring cross departmental meetings focus on safeguarding issues, reporting, and sharing of good news stories.
- Lead and negotiate at local union meetings.
- Carry out accident/assaults investigations when and where required provide the security team with a monthly update on RCOs activity.
- Liaise with Clerical Support in relation to RCO's roster and deployment, and monitor RCO's daily activities and daily logs.
- Facilitate and promote professional development of RCOs by coaching and identifying training needs.
- Recruitment of new RCOs.
- Accountable for a Security Department project.
- Support any initiatives and crime reduction meetings.
- Participate in an on-call roster 7 days every 5 weeks.
This role will require the post holder to become accredited under the Railway Safety Accreditation Scheme. The post holder is required to pass the required training and police vetting process. The police vetting process suspends the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role requires the post holder to liaise with the British Transport Police and external Security stakeholders.
Flexible working - The role is based across the network and working from home is permitted, hours of work can also be flexible
- Proven experience in demonstrating leadership and influencing skills is highly desirable
- Whilst a background in security is desirable, the post holder must have proven experience in a relevant customer service industry
- Excellent communication, planning and observational skills
- Great problem-solvers who can make decisions quickly.
- Able to communicate instructions clearly,
- Analyse and evaluate evidence and have a logical approach to the work.
- Able to keep calm under pressure and confident during challenging situations.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team and independently
- Be committed to the values and standards of the police force
- Treating all people with respect is essential to the role.
- Strong leadership skills who can inspire staff.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
Working an average of 37 hours per week across 5 days, office hours.
Please note interview dates for this role will be on the 5th, 6th and 7th October 2022.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Salary:Up to £39,000 per annum
- Closing Date:30 September 2022