Safety Assurance Manager
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Responsible for developing and implementing a robust SWR specific assurance process. The process should include an internal audit regime which includes the monitoring and audit of activities of third parties working for, or on behalf of SWR as directed by the Head of Safety. The preparation and implementation of a safety and sustainability audit strategy that will confirm that all significant risks to the business are audited on a regular basis and any non-compliances identified by such are closed out in a timely manner.
- Lead the development of the SWR assurance process (which includes the development of a safety audit strategy for SWR)
- Develop, implement and maintain safety and sustainability audit protocols that meets current UK and EU legislative and Industry Standards and the SMS of SWR. Responsible for ensuring that the protocol remains fit for purpose and is implemented effectively.
- Accountable for the provision of a professional and effective audit service for SWR, to include all internal, external and supplier audits including suppliers of safety critical engineering products and services.
- Work with local managers to develop and implement effective action plans in response to audit findings and to facilitate the successful closure of all required actions.
- Develop and retain a good working knowledge of the Company Safety Management System.
- Develop and retain a good working knowledge of relevant UK and EU health, safety and environmental legislation and Industry standards.
- Develop and retain a good working relationship with the Network Rail National Policy and Assurance team to ensure that SWR benefits from national best practice and knowledge share.
- Act as lead facilitator and lead on the Company's behalf, on all audits undertaken by third parties of the SWR Safety, Operations and Sustainability Management Systems.
- Formal safety management qualification (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent).
- Qualified and experienced Lead Auditor, preferably with experience if ISO9001 and 14001
- Significant experience in a health and safety management role in a high hazard industry.
- Formal safety auditing qualification with experience of auditing.
- Formal qualification in risk assessment with ability to analyse and interpret numerical data.
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated with good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to influence decision makers and the behaviour of front-line employees.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft based applications.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Closing Date:1 October 2021