Safety Performance Analyst
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
Help South Western Railway identify and achieve high safety standards and outcomes for employees and passengers through a data-led programme of continuous safety improvements. You will assist with analysis, interpretation and communication of emerging safety trends through exploring internal and external data. .
Your work will enable key stakeholders to make reliable and informed decisions - shaping areas like the annual Safety Plan, Companies Safety Risk Profile and Annual Targets. You will assist in the collection of safety performance data to fulfil the internal and statutory reporting requirements. You will assist in monitoring the quality of data capture and input to ensure it is accurate, and work with other functions to implement improvements where necessary.
- Prepare, analyse, and summarise various weekly, monthly, and periodic safety performance results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports and dashboards.
- Support the development of the analytics, modelling and reporting best practice for the collection, collation and storage of safety data.
- Help Maintain the Safety Database SMIS and other Safety databases.
- Support enhancing and improving safety reporting processes and procedures to reduce manual intervention.
- Provide ad hoc information on Safety Incidents and Accidents to Head of Safety.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with key contacts internally and externally to the business.
- Provide support to the Safety Intelligence Manager.
- Provide Clerical support including managing and taking minutes for key Safety meetings when required.
- Provide role continuity arrangements for safety reporting by undertaking duties of other members of the team as required.
- Deputise for the Safety Intelligence Manager as required.
- Experience in a data analyst role.
- Advanced numerical and analytical skills with experience collecting, organising, analysing, and disseminating large volumes of information with accuracy.
- Experience of data analysis in a business environment, including the use of appropriate software, with examples of driving real performance change.
- Excellent IT skills, including the Microsoft suite and at least one specific analytical or reporting tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team and to influence others, including senior leaders.
- Ability to communicate complex and large amounts of data in a written, verbal, and visual form.
- Has a positive attitude and a ‘can-do' collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivating and ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to plan and deliver to tight timescales.
- Experience in a data analyst role in the UK Railway Industry (or a sector with similar Health and Safety characteristics to rail).
- Working knowledge of safety reporting tools such as the RSSB Industry Reporting system, SMIS.
- Formal safety management qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent) and if not will form part of initial Personal Development Plan.
- Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or equivalent professional qualification.
Working on average 37 hours per week
Monday - Friday business hours but some flexibility required/available.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:South Bank Central
- Salary:Up to £35,321 per annum
- Closing Date:12 February 2023