Senior CX Manager
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed (this includes your name, address and email address). Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
The role will be a key advocate in driving Customer Satisfaction across the business, constantly delivering an improved customer experience through our function teams. Driving customer centric, positive change they will challenge internal decision making that is not customer focussed and support key teams in driving their customer KPIs. They will manage the relationships with Transport Focus, London Travel Watch and Customer Council. This role holder will also be responsible for the Customer Satisfaction section of the PBf, ensuring we are reporting against our plan and meeting the set score card criteria to achieve a minimum of a 2.
- Along with the Head of Customer Strategy, and other Senior members of the Customer Strategy team, lead and drive a culture change of how our Customers are considered and prioritised at SWR.
- Through an understanding of our customer needs, drive a step-change in our delivery of customer service, focusing on what really matters and delivering against this to drive quality and consistency, by managing service standards that need to be delivered by other teams; and engaging and challenging these teams to meet these standards.
- Lead and develop your team of CX Managers to deliver the Customer Strategy and Customer Experience Plan
- Implement, review and update (annually) the section of the Customer Experience plan focussed on internal functional improvements, and ensuring the plan meets the requirement of the PBF by:
- Utilising the research and insight provided by the R&I team, to truly understand our customers' needs and gaps in a positive experience for them that our internal key stakeholders are currently responsible (e.g. On train service, Fleet).
- Working with the R&I team set and agree KPIs in customer satisfaction metrics with the internal functional teams e.g. On train Service, Fleet etc. and hold them to account for these scores
- Engaging and working with cross functional teams, involving NR where appropriate, to close the gaps in our existing products or processes, through either tighter contract management, improved processes or standards or other improvement methods (consider product and service lifecycles as part of this)
- Ensuring the upcoming Customer Experience plan is built into the next years ABP, ensuring all stakeholders are bought into the plan and benefits in advance
- Through the Governance and reporting manager, manage the Customer Steering Group, track progress in delivery of our BPCs/Strategy/Plan and how we are preforming internally against our agreed KPIs
- Work closely with the Senior CX Design and Innovation Manager, taking on their projects once they are in the ‘Business as Usual' stage, and handing over projects to them that are not able to be resolved through BAU.
- Manage the periodic reporting process, ensuring the DfT evaluators are able to properly understand what we are doing and how we are performing; with the aim of getting a minimum PBF score of 2.
- Ensure you and your team represent our different Customer Groups (Business, Leisure, Commuting) across the business, enhancing internal understanding of these groups to facilitate better decision making and challenging when this doesn't happen
- Develop processes that link customer experience directly into project workstreams initiated elsewhere in the business to ensure the customer is always represented.
- Report on CX Progress to steering groups, board members, DfT or other forums as required, involving other team members as appropriate
- Be responsible for building and maintaining the relationships with London Travel Watch, Transport Focus and RDG
- Manage the SWR Customer Council, ensuring that they are engaged and benefit is brought to SWR through them being in place
- Ideally degree level, or equivalent level significant work experience in a similar field
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Customer first approach – the natural ability to, before all else, first see the world from the viewpoint of our customers
- Insight orientated – understanding of complex data trends and using these to inform performance improvement
- Natural focus on the needs/improvements that will bring the biggest benefit to our customers, and the sense of urgency and determination to make it happen at speed
- Significant experience of defining and developing solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Ability to influence, motivate and challenge key stakeholders across the organisation to improve performance and associated customer satisfaction
- Change management gained within a large / complex operational business
- Experience in embedding best practice and implementing governance processes into organisations.
- The post holder will be a dedicated and highly motivated individual having the ability to work under pressure and on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
Working an average of 37 hours per week over 5 days
Standard office hours, Monday to Friday.
Some out of hours work required for certain CX tasks. Successful candidate may be required to be part of an On Call roster.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant), 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Please note applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Overline House, Southampton, South Bank Central
- Closing Date:24 March 2023