Traincrew Roster Clerk
Who are we?
South Western Railway (SWR) operates over 1,500 services each weekday across the network and employs more than 5,000 people. We provide easy and convenient mobility, connecting people and communities in South West London, southern counties of England and the Isle of Wight.
Join our team and help us continue to improve quality of life by bringing people together to get the most out of life.
SWR is part of FirstGroup, the largest rail operator in the UK and second largest bus operator in the UK outside London. FirstGroup operates services throughout the UK and Ireland, with over 30,000 employees providing services that make travel smoother and life easier. FirstGroup works hard to reduce its impact on the environment, introducing cleaner and more environmentally responsible methods of transport.
About the job
The delivery of efficient pre planned and real time rosters to train crew depots ensuring all employees are efficiently and effectively rostered to meet our train service commitment.
Deliver all training commitments through cost effective efficient rosters.
Manage and resource all release of train crew in line with National, Company and Local agreements whilst delivering an economical and productive roster.
Manage and collate accurate data on availability and utilisation in order that effective resource management can be applied.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Compile accurately and economically the pre-planned and real time delivery of rostering of approximately1,900 train crew across the SWR Traincrew locations, complying with all agreements (DRA and GRA), including national, company and local.
- Processing all associated correspondence including leave and release from duty requests, including staff rep release, medicals, interviews etc ensuring all release is within the laid down quotas.
- Compile accurate data records for Activity and Utilisation (A&U) reports.
- Ensure that all rostering of staff is compliant with the HSE guidelines on Fatigue and Risk Index.
- Create and run random samples of F&RI reports on employees, paying particular attention to swops, rest day working and high overtime working employees
- Proven track record in the understanding and delivery of train crew rostering is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of train crew terms and conditions and fatigue & risk index parameters within a railway environment is desirable
- T. Skills: - Knowledge of Crewplan, CMS, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Genius, and internal Intranet systems.
- Understanding of IT systems - Voyager Plan , TRUST, Sheila
- Good knowledge of South Western Railway's geography
About the location
London Waterloo train station, situated in the heart of the UK's capital, opened in 1848 and is currently Britain's largest and busiest station. Within walking distance of Waterloo is the London Eye, Westminster Bridge, BFI IMAX, the South Bank and The Old Vic theatre, as well as great connections to all London attractions. It is easily accessible by public transport and is home to a large mix of national brands and restaurants.
Working an average of 37 hours per week over 5 days.
Monday to Friday, 08.00 – 15.30 with occasional Saturdays.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant), 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
We all belong at SWR. FirstGroup's vision is to provide an inclusive environment for all colleagues, across its group of businesses, ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to access meaningful employment.
We value our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQIA+, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We maintain a zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice towards our colleagues, customers, and future talent.
We celebrate and encourage diversity of thought, progressive ways of working and seeing all our colleagues grow and thrive.
We review all roles and job descriptions to ensure they are accessible and, where possible, we support and provide flexible working options; we recommend that you refer to each vacancy description for further details.
If you require additional support to complete your application due to a disability or neurodivergent condition, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia, or autism, please follow the links below. We encourage you to share any additional needs you may require so we can provide a fair and equal process for all who apply.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:London Waterloo
- Salary:£29,114 per annum plus £2,122 regional allowance per annum
- Closing Date:24 September 2023