Administrator - Learning and Development
Administrator - Learning and Development (Fixed Term)
Huddersfield – Learning and Development Centre
Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: Full time – 37 hours per week
Location: Huddersfield Railway Station
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
Here at TransPennine Express we have an exciting opportunity within the Learning and Development team for a highly organised, professional individual to provide administrative support to the L&D team and be the welcoming ‘face' of the Learning and Development centre at Huddersfield Railway Station.
The purpose of the role is to provide full, timely administrative support to the L&D managers in organising and facilitating the delivery and evaluation of internal and external learning across TPE. In addition, the role will take ownership for the coordination of the facilities at the L&D centre and deliver great service every day to the internal delegates and visitors who attend the centre.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, and be computer literate. You will have proven experience of working to and maintaining high standards and achieving your objectives through influencing others. Previous experience in an administrative role is desirable but not essential, though you should be keen to learn. We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated individual who works well within a busy team.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:The Hub - TPE Learning and Development Centre (Huddersfield)
- If temporary, length of contract:1st March 2024
- Closing Date:2 October 2023