Benefits & Control Manager
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
Who are we?
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
Purpose of job role?
Introducing effective programmatic control (including Benefits Management) forms an essential service within the IPMO. This role sits within the IPMO function of the Major Projects Directorate, to provide the programme management structures and processes to enable the Delivery Partner function to facilitate the wider industry programme in planning and delivery. Ensuring reporting is in place to keep decision makers informed of key risks / issues and support the planning and implementation of mitigations.
About the Role
- Accountable for working with individual project teams to identify, manage, monitor and report key benefits. Provide assurance to the Head of the IPMO and the Major Projects Director, highlighting challenges and issues of benefit realisation.
- Champion the TPE processes, methods and tools; working directly with project and senior project managers to successfully execute the delivery using the approved corporate standards.
- Monitor the adherence to the TPE standards, processes and maintenance/use of tools and templates as agreed with the Business Assurance Directorate; conducting audits where necessary and invoking recovery methods if required.
- Support the ongoing reporting requirements from TPE into industry-wide projects and programme governance (TRU, ECML, MRTF etc.), ensuring timely and accurate data is provided.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of data supports the governance process.
- Provide projects with the necessary programme control templates and processes required to underpin successful delivery.
- Provide training and coaching where appropriate of processes, methods and tools.
- Participate in initiatives to meet Transpennine Express' Business Plan Commitments and assist with other activities within the directorate as required.
What can we offer you?
To say thank you for all your hard work, we offer competitive salaries and some great rewards. There's a final salary pension scheme and big savings on rail travel: free TransPennine Express journeys for you and free leisure journeys for your family. You and your family can also get discounts with other train operating companies. Your job comes with 25 days holiday plus standard UK bank holidays as well as all kinds of benefits, discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Interested? Click Apply! Please ensure you upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester), Home Based
- Closing Date:27 September 2021