Customer Relations Specialist
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
We are looking for someone to help us provide a quality service to our Directorate, creating and investigating escalated complaint responses. Responding to written correspondence in line with previously agreed KPI's and reporting on these on a weekly basis. Who will work under the guidance, and with the support of, the Customer Relations Manager and the Customer Relations Assistant manager in achieving department and company objectives as part of the Customer Relations team, contributing to the fulfilment of the relevant KPI's, providing adhoc cover in other areas of the department when required for holidays/sickness purposes and working with the customer relations manager to ensure that standard text held by the customer relations team remains current, relevant and refreshed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and produce director correspondence in response to customers who have directly approached HQ, this correspondence should be creative and non-standard in its nature and should be produced to meet the deadlines set by the Directorate
- Administer and update the correspondence tracker to ensure that KPIs are reportable and regular updates can be provided to the Directorate
- Assist in producing standard text for the customer relations team which may encompass any area of the business, this should be accurate and in line with the business's vision
- Handle customer escalations to complaints both over the phone and face to face that have been through the appropriate escalation process at the CR processing centre, decision making based on approved authority levels to ensure a suitable conclusion
- Acting as a point of contact to Transport Focus for escalated complaints that require HQ input
- Work with First group and the contract supplier to calibrate the quality of a representative sample of cases per period
- Participate in the initiatives to meet TPE business objectives
- Help provide useful insights from complaints to make improvements to our business
- Good organisational and administrative skills, including ability to manager numerous daily/weekly tasks
- Excellent written English with a creative flair for commercial correspondence
- Able to work successfully with a wide range of internal colleagues
- Good phone manner for answering and dealing with customer calls
- Attention to detail
- Good English and Maths skills
- Ability to analyse trends and identify key concerns
What we offer?
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependents*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependents*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter. Please specify if you have a preference to work within the wider HR Team or specialise in Recruitment.
Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- If temporary, length of contract:6 months
- Closing Date:8 August 2022