Customer Service Professional
Over the next decade, TransPennine Express (TPE) will benefit from a series of high profile infrastructure projects presenting a challenge to keep our customers moving with as little disruption as possible to their journey. The most notable is the multi-billion pound Transpennine Route Upgrade between Manchester and York, but there are also other schemes taking place across our network.
It is extremely important to TPE and the wider railway industry that communication to our customers is consistent and accurate, keeping people moving when key lines are closed and during unplanned disruption.
To support our wider approach to customer handling, an exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Customer Delivery Manager.
The successful candidate will be expected to work at different railway locations across the north of England, communicating effectively with all other front-line grades, managers, key contractors and, most critically, the fare-paying customer. Working in a team with other Customer Delivery Managers, you will act as advocates for the Transpennine Route Upgrade, taking the lead in customer experience both in advance and during planned disruption.
An ideal candidate would have the following strengths and experiences:
- An effective communicator, approachable, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and a flexible approach to working hours and locations;
- Experience working in a fast-paced front-line customer facing role, within the transport or retail industry;
- Must have customer service experience and must be able work under pressure;
- Must be punctual, a team player, well-presented and well-organised;
- Comfortable working on their feet, often outside and for several hours at a time;
- Good geographical knowledge of the railway system in the north of England;
- Educated to a GCSE standard (or equivalent) as a minimum.
You are expected to be accountable for your actions and business performance, whilst challenging yourself as an individual to be even better. As part of the wider team you will continually develop your skills and fully demonstrate the company values.
To say thank you for all your hard work, we offer competitive salaries and some great rewards.
For more information, and a copy of the full job description please contact Lydia Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Huddersfield Railway Station, Leeds Railway Station
- Closing Date:18 October 2021