Customer Service Professional
Trainee/Qualified Conductor – Hull
There's a lot more to this job than checking tickets. It's about creating rapport with customers and acting as the face of our business. With a mixture of classroom and practical training, you can progress to a Qualified Conductor in around three months.
Being a conductor, you need to know your stuff, routes and rules, issuing tickets and honouring rail cards, delays and other possible problems, which can be distressing for customers. We'll teach you what you need to know but it's at those times that the quality of your customer service, communication and dedication will be truly tested.
As confident in your decision making as you are under pressure, you'll be ready for every challenge that comes your way and no matter what hours you happen to be working that week (this is no regular 9-to-5 job).
If you're ready for the training, can be flexible about your working hours and will enjoy the critical responsibility and the opportunity to make the most of your natural people skills, then this is definitely the role for you.
We offer an attractive salary of £30,418 per annum, once qualified. During training, you'll receive £22,879 per annum. There's a final salary pension scheme and big savings on rail travel: free TransPennine Express journeys for you and free leisure journeys for your family. You and your family can also get discounts with other train operating companies. Your job comes with all kinds of benefits, discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme
Due to the safety responsibilities in the role applicants must
- Not have defective colour vision or under gone laser eye surgery
- You must be willing to work irregular and unsociable shift patterns
- You must live within a 60 minute commutable distance from the location you are applying for, evidence may be requested as proof of residence.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening and meet the medical requirements for the role.
How to apply?
Applicants will be required to complete an online application form and initial online test. If successful following a line manager shortlisting process we'll request online psychometric testing for you and if successful you'll be invited to a face to face interview with member of our customer experience team. If you've got what we're looking for, we'll invite you to a medical examination and a drugs/alcohol screening as we need to make sure you can safely carry out the role.
What we offer ?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Hull Railway Station
- Closing Date:3 April 2023