Customer Service Supervisor
Customer Service Professional (Stations)
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
As a Customer Service Professional on our station, you'll work between the station ticket office, the station ticket barriers and the train platforms. You'll deliver a service to customers which is proactive and personable, engaging and professional, showing passion in all that you do to ensure we deliver ‘a great service every day' to our customers.
Working on the station allows you to get involved with a wide range of customer service activities, helping customers purchasing tickets, providing train service information, providing assistance to disabled and vulnerable people, helping dispatch trains safety and on time, dealing with lost property and ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the station is maintained consistently to a high standard.
You'll make sure you're always on hand for the needs of our customers, having a highly visible profile on the station, keeping customers informed with up to date train service information, making sure customers feel appropriately informed and assisted throughout their journey. Working on a station means some of the time you'll be working outdoors so you'll need to be comfortable working in all weather conditions and be able to provide assistance to wheelchair users and anyone else who would benefit from being given a helping hand.
Our trains operate around the clock as do our stations. To ensure our services are appropriately resourced you'll follow a varying shift pattern which can include some early starts, some night time and weekend working in a cross cultural and diverse environment.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently
- Smart and well presented
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft packages
- Ability to get to and from the above location without relying on the rail service or public transport due to some early shift start and finish times
- This position does not have line management responsibilities therefore supervisory experience is not essential.
Applicants will be invited to complete an online assessment and if successful you'll be invited to an interview with one of our Customer Service Managers. If you've got what we're looking for, we'll invite you to a medical examination which includes a drugs/alcohol screening. Appointees must submit at least two satisfactory references and complete a six month probation period.
*Please note, due to safety reasons, we cannot consider applications who live more than 50 minutes' drive away from the advertised station.
If the above sounds like a bit of you, then we'd love to receive your CV and a short cover letter to help us understand why you're the best person for this role please visit FirstGroup Careers.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Hull Railway Station
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:12 June 2023