Customer Service Team leader
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
We have an excellent frontline management opportunity, within our Customer Experience department for a Customer Service Team Leader at Manchester Piccadilly station.
As a Customer Service Team Leader you will be responsible for managing our customer service delivery at this key location.
You will contribute to the development of a highly positive culture to ensure the motivation of your team through empowerment and ownership ensuring that you and your team are highly visible on platforms and in waiting areas, assisting customers and keeping them informed about station delays, platform changes and minimising crowding on platforms. In times of disruption, you must be able to think on your feet and make the right decisions to minimise the impact on our customers and our service delivery. You will encourage and engage your team to deliver the highest standards of customer service and information provision.
You will work in partnership with our contractor to ensure you get the best out of our teams and raise standards to have a positive impact on customer service delivery.
Due to the nature of this role applicants need to be comfortable working outdoors through changing weather conditions, providing our passengers with luggage and wheelchair assistance and be able to work a full shift pattern which includes nights and weekend working.
It is essential that you are experienced in effectively managing a small team, preferably in a front line customer service environment. As an approachable and hands-on Team Leader, you'll possess excellent communication and motivational skills in addition to strong computer skills and knowledge of railway operational knowledge is desirable, as well as a passion to deliver to both our customers and our colleagues. As such, this is a great developmental opportunity for graduates and those looking for career progression within Station Management.
The ideal candidate will be required to become competent in train dispatch or have a understanding of the role.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft packages
- Ability to get to and from the above locations without reliability on the rail service due to shift start times
- Supervisory experience including absence management, performance management and recruitment activities.
*Please be aware that all successful applicants will be required to undertake a medical including eye testing and a drugs and alcohol screening*
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we'd love to hear from you! please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
What we offer
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:Customer Experience
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Closing Date:25 September 2023