Engagement & Reward Manager
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further. We are looking for someone with an engaging personality, great energy who is a team player and works well within a fast paced environment to join our team.
The role of Engagement and Reward Manager will play a critical part in the overall HR strategy. You will be considered the subject matter expert for the business and will need you to build key relationships within the business.
As Engagement and Reward Manager you will be responsible for working with and supporting the HR team to deliver reward processes and initiatives and providing reward advice and guidance as appropriate.
You will also need to develop and maintain an internal online reward portal to showcase the many benefits of TransPennine Express.
Scope of job role?
- Be the Reward expert and the 'go-to' person for all reward related matters, providing clear and constructive advice.
- Designing, implementing, developing and monitoring the infrastructure and processes that underpin and support our reward principles.
- Working with HR colleagues and the wider business to improve the communication of colleague benefits and reward.
- Assisting with the design of benefits and ad-hoc incentive schemes.
- Carrying out data research, analysis and presentation of data/MI in a clear and concise way - identifying and exploring emerging trends.
- Critique, review and develop the current reward and benefit schemes.
- Design, develop and deliver a Reward strategy to ensure we are showcasing TransPennine Express as an employer of <s>choice including employer branding.</s><s></s>
- Benchmark with comparable organisations to ensure TPE's offering is competitive, capturing and sharing best practice.
- Be accountable for development and implementation of reward principles, policies, and best practice to ensure internal governance.
- Develop and implement an innovative approach to colleague benefits, Responsible for the end to end management of any cyclical reward activity including annual salary review and bonus payments.
- Plan, create, oversee and measure every element of the organisation's reward & recognition system ensuring fairness and equity, including job evaluation, grading & benchmarking, managing benefits change initiatives etc
- To provide a coordinated and proactive approach across TPE in terms of Employee Engagement, Communications, Reporting and KPIs.
- Provide input towards the development of the strategy and action plan which provides a best in class reward and engagement experience for employees,
- Establish and maintain effective and regular contacts with key contributors/stakeholders to the employee engagement agenda within TPE.
- Manage the Employee recognition scheme, review monthly nominations and recommend awards, complete administration of awards and letters and events recognising achievements.
- Work with the Communications team to coordinate the publication of hard and soft copy employee newsletters to ensure all staff receive a copy,
- Develop the business case for an engagement budget and manage spend against it.
- Previous experience within a similar role, within an operational/HR environment.
- Be passionate about employee engagement and communication.
- Outstanding organisation skills and able to prioritise multiple duties.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal & external hierarchy and cultural boundaries.
- Have a strong will and persuasive manner which is used to proactively engage teams.
- Be self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Ideally have an understanding working within an Unionised environment.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester), Home Based
- If temporary, length of contract:12 months
- Salary:Circa £40k per annum plus excellent benefits
- Closing Date:12 June 2023