Financial Accountant (12 month fixed term)
TransPennine Express** Financial Accountant (12 month fixed term)** Central Manchester
Circa £48k dependant on experience
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
As the Financial Accountant, you'll be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our financial records, primarily those in relation to the period and year-end balance sheets. You'll manage our cashflow and our working capital budgets and forecasts.
You'll also be responsible for delivering accurate external reports to deadline. You'll provide financial information to our joint venture shareholders and take the lead on efficiency projects to improve financial controls and finance related business systems. You'll also offer the provision of financial support to our board of Directors and senior managers, through offering financial guidance when making operational decisions.
You'll will support the head of financial control with the delivery of the First Group Finance Shared Service Centre resource into the business (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Treasury). You'll also be involved in external audits and assist with the production of the statutory accounts.
You'll also demonstrate leadership qualities and offer support and guidance to the rest of the Finance team.
You're a well-regarded Financial Accountant, ACCA or CIMA qualified, with a technically strong financial accounting background, including the management of financial balance sheets. You have a good level of audit and taxation knowledge, together with a detailed understanding of payroll and payroll reporting practices. Knowledge of SAP is essential and Hyperion is desirable; you'll also have good Access and Excel skills. You're adept at working to tight deadlines and under pressure to achieve financial business objectives. You're commercially astute and articulate when communicating financial to all levels within a business.
To say thank you for all your hard work, we offer competitive salaries and some great rewards. There's a final salary pension scheme and big savings on rail travel: free TransPennine Express journeys for you and free leisure journeys for your family. You and your family can also get discounts with other train operating companies. Your job comes with 25 days holiday plus standard UK bank holidays as well as all kinds of benefits, discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- If temporary, length of contract:12 Months
- Closing Date:3 October 2022