Lead Sustainability Manager
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm, and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
We have an exciting new role for someone who is passionate about the environment and supporting the railway to become even more sustainable for our customers and communities. You will have experience in the development and implementation of sustainability goals and strategies at a mid-management level and possess the ability to drive change projects, bringing people along on the journey with you.
Working within the Sustainability team and reporting to the Head of Sustainability you will drive the environmental sustainability requirements of the TPE Sustainability Strategy aligned to our four Pillars of Sustainability. In addition, you will support the current and future ESG reporting requirements; embedding the required processes to keep us on track.
As part of your responsibilities you will develop, implement, and maintain company processes required for current and forthcoming climate financial disclosures. As an engaging communicator you will proactively influence departments across TPE to develop actions that take our operations forward in a sustainable way, which continue to put customers at the forefront to enable and support modal shift in line with the relevant Transport policy goals.
We are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to at least degree level in environmental or social sustainability discipline
- Excellent people skills to support and manage diverse teams
- Working towards Chartered Environmentalist status with CPD maintained through relevant environmental professional body such as IEMA
- Strong understanding of sustainability frameworks, circular economy principles and environmental and social regulatory requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of impact reporting, including duties under the Equality Act is desirable
- A proactive approach, and being a confident and engaging communicator is essential
- Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of the transport sector or rail industry is desirable
If that sounds like the right fit for you, we'd love to hear from you, please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- Closing Date:25 September 2023