Operational Training Co-ordinator
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Operations Department, reporting to the Head of Operational Change we are looking for individuals who have a passion for developing people and making improvements. The role of Operational Training Co-ordinator will help support the delivery of the TPE Driver Training Strategy and ensure that all materials are available to support these training programmes. The roles will be based at Manchester Piccadilly, York, Sheffield and Preston but will provide Training support across the TPE Network based upon business needs. Working closely with the Driver Managers and Head of Operational Change you will support development, co-ordination and delivery of training plans in line with Operational Business Plans offering practical planning and admin support, ensuring sufficient competent resources are trained to enable key Timetable Changes, and significant Infrastructure change projects such as TransPennine Route Upgrade (TRU).
Roles and responsibilities
- Operational Training Co-ordinators are responsible for helping to plan, organise and facilitate Driver training programs
- Operational Training Co-ordinators may also be tasked with developing training materials, creating presentations, facilitating discussions, and other related duties
- Operational Training Co-ordinators are to support the Driver Managers to ensure all Training equipment is in place for successful delivery of Training Programmes
- Communicating with Drivers both face to face and via telephone to ensure all relevant information related to Training Programmes are in place and understood
- Support depot positive depot operation, through assisting the Driver Managers with general administration responsibilities, including posting of relevant notices pertaining to Drivers
- Weekend work and out of hours is required within this role
- Travelling the TPE network and supporting training activities across TPE locations
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
*Terms and conditions apply.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Preston Railway Station
- Closing Date:5 June 2023