Operations Analyst - Fixed Term
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Operations Department, reporting to the Head of Workforce Planning. An Operations Analyst is a professional who solves problems internally and implements goal-oriented strategies across the department. This role also involves managing data, cross functional reporting, and developing news systems. As an Operations Analyst, you have to work with well independently and within a team
Operations Analyst responsibilities include:
- Identifying operational requirements and opportunities for improvement across all Driver Depots with TPE
- Gathering information by observing workflows, reading company reports and sharing the analysis with the Operations team and wider business
- Create systems that can be adopted as standard templates for cascading of information including risks to project and business plan commitments
- Determining appropriate methods to analyse operations, relevant information and data
- Working alongside our Regional Heads of Drivers and compiling analysing trends and compiling reports
About the Role?
We are looking for an Operations Analyst to join our team and evaluate how our company operates in order to provide recommendations on how we can improve our communication flows through better use of analysis and past trends
Operations Analyst responsibilities include reviewing current policies and operating procedures, developing changes to enhance efficiency and working with our managers to implement new policies and procedures as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with our leaders and managers to provide ways our organisation can improve efficiency and reach our goals in less time.
- Document findings, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Develop new processes and procedures to enhance operations
- Work with managers and employees to implement changes
- Develop and maintain business critical reports
- Analyse previous operational data and make recommendations for improvements
- Determine the effectiveness of new processes
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Operations Analyst or similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using statistical and database software
- Consulting and project management expertise is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and within a team environment
To say thank you for all your hard work, we offer competitive salaries and some great rewards. There's a final salary pension scheme and big savings on rail travel: free TransPennine Express journeys for you and free leisure journeys for your family. You and your family can also get discounts with other train operating companies. Your job comes with 25 days holiday plus standard UK bank holidays as well as all kinds of benefits, discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- If temporary, length of contract:Until 31st March 2023
- Closing Date:8 August 2022