Part Time Revenue Protection Assistant- Barriers
Customer Service Professional (Barriers) – Part Time
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
To our customers you'll be the face of TransPennine Express so we're looking for individuals who have a genuine passion for customer service and have a warm and welcoming manor. To you, looking smart and behaving professionally is important. You enjoy engaging with people and have an appreciation of working in cross cultural and diverse environment. You are skilled in all aspects of customer service including handling difficult conversations. Due to the ticket revenue aspects of this role you must also be comfortable processing cash and card payments.
You'll enjoy helping customers with their luggage and any other assistance required to safety help our customers on their way. You'll provide train service information, such as train times and platform information, whilst assisting with ticket checking and ticket selling so you'll need to make sure your train service knowledge is always up to date.
Our trains operate around the clock as do our stations. To ensure our services are appropriately resourced you'll follow a varying shift pattern which can include some early starts, some night time and weekend working in a cross cultural and diverse environment.
If you think you've got what it takes and possess the passion and confidence to take on this role then we would like to hear from you. In addition to completing an application form please also provide a cover letter detailing why you would perform well in this role.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills, in the good times and the bad.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently
- Smart and well presented
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft packages
- Ability to get to and from the above location without relying on the rail service or public transport due to some early shift start and finish times
Applicants will be invited to complete an online assessment and if successful, you'll then be invited to an interview with one of our Customer Service Managers. If you've got what we're looking for, we'll invite you to a medical examination which includes a drugs/alcohol screening. Appointees must submit at least two satisfactory references and complete a six month probation period. *Please note, due to safety reasons, we cannot consider applications who live more than 50 minutes' drive away from the advertised station.
What we offer
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:18.50
- Location:Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
- Closing Date:2 October 2023