Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
The TransPennine Express franchise will deliver transformational change including a significant number of complex, high value projects. The Programme Manager will play a critical role in the successful delivery of a suite of major projects. Providing support and structure to Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to direct and control projects that ensure smooth introduction and successful on-going operation of their projects into BAU within the business.
You will need to solve problems cross-functionally and support project managers in the creation and delivery of their plans ensuring that risks/issues are highlighted and mitigated appropriately, guiding through our programme governance. While others are responsible for delivery, you will be responsible for the overall programme piecing together the jigsaw of complex change, helping the business understand the timeline of activities and interdependencies and inform decision making.
Excellent project planning and scheduling skills are required to manage the complex programme of change so familiarity with programme and scheduling software is preferred. The role requires excellent communication skills as you will be providing internal and external reports for senior audiences and will support the directorate in preparing communications.
The Successful Programme Manager will ensure that there is a robust programme management framework in place. They will build on both industry and company existing procedures ensuring that the directorate adheres to best practice providing support and guidance to the team as required. Rail or property project experience is desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we'd love to hear from you! please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- Closing Date:3 October 2022