Qualified Train Driver
Qualified Train Driver – Manchester Piccadilly
Salary: £58,000 plus excellent benefits including final salary pension, free travel on TPE services and discounted travel with other train operating companies.
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
We are looking for a professional Qualified Train Driver to help us deliver operational excellence across our extensive intercity network.
TransPennine Express prides itself on its reputation for great customer service, achieved through our dedicated and professional teams. To join our Driver team you'll need to have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, you take safety and customer service seriously, recognising their value in rail. Your considered as being level headed and reliable and hold an excellent safety record, together with a sound understanding of signaling systems and are diligent in strictly following rules and regulations.
As a Qualified Driver for TransPennine Express, you'll be responsible for the safe and timely transportation of our customers. Your greatest strengths will lie in your concentration and quick decision-making based upon your in-depth rules and regulation knowledge. You will enjoy working in a structured environment, adhering to set rules and procedures. However, driving a train is not your only responsibility; you are also required to commit to your continuous personal development and provide great customer service to our customers.
Please be aware that due to health and safety commitments applicants are required to live within a 1 hour commuting distance of the depot you are applying for or be willing relocate in line with this commuting range, prior to commencing into the role.
TransPennine Express is committed to the safety of its customers and employees. Please be aware that candidates who are successful at shortlisting will be required to
- Attend an interview with the Driver Management team which includes an assessment of your behaviours and rules knowledge.
- Complete a safety critical medical to the new driver licencing standard and includes a drugs and alcohol screening.
- Have your Safety of the Line history checked – it is important you upload your ‘Transfer of Safety Information' as soon as possible; otherwise we cannot consider you for the role.
- Please note we cannot consider applications that have undergone laser eye surgery.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we'd love to hear from you! please visit FirstGroup Careers,
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:Other
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Manchester Piccadilly Tower Traincrew Depot
- Closing Date:25 September 2023