Revenue Protection Assistant (On Train)
Revenue Protection Assistant – On Train – Hull
You'll help keep ticketless train travel to a minimum
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
As a Revenue Protection Assistant you ensure all passengers onboard our trains have a valid ticket, you'll also play a huge role in the customer experience we offer onboard our trains, making sure customers feel appropriately informed and assisted throughout their journey. You'll give advice on train times and platform information, you're there to help customers find their seat and stow their luggage. Our trains operate around the clock you'll work some early mornings and late nights.
With experience in customer service, you're a bit of an expert when it comes to dealing with customers, even during those difficult times. You're friendly and outgoing with bags of personality, professional and smart. As you'll be selling tickets, there's some handing of cash so you'll need to be comfortable with issuing accurate change.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Help take the north further.
To apply please visit FirstGroup Careers, and complete an application form.
Help take the north further.
Work with us
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Hull Railway Station
- If temporary, length of contract:12 Months
- Closing Date:27 March 2023