Senior Project Manager - Rolling Stock
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Major Projects Team as Senior Project Manager -Rolling Stock for Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU)
This role is key in the development and implementation of the TRU Rolling Stock Strategy, plus ensuring appropriate depot and stabling working closely with other project leads in TPE and the wider industry. Providing expert insight, the right candidate will be responsible for interfacing internally with TPE departments and with Industry Partners, ensuring that Rolling Stock remains an integral part of the TRU Programme. The role will also ensure that an appropriate depot and maintenance strategy is in place and delivered. The successful applicant will ensure deployment of a fleet that maximises customer, stakeholder, and environmental benefits through the TRU programme. This project is at an early stage, with a larger delivery team anticipated to form in the near future dependent on strategic choices: a very flexible outlook will be required.
A skilled communicator, you will be responsible for working collaboratively across numerous parties including TransPennine Express, Network Rail, ROSCOs, train builders and maintainers ensuring that expert, timely and clear insight is provided to the TRU Programme governance. The role will be involved in developing and delivering Rolling Stock strategy, so the ability to build and maintain good relationships is critical.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with experience of procurement, contracting, and project delivery who will be able to ensure that Rolling Stock project and associated depot and stabling requirement is delivered in a highly regulated and governed environment, with appropriate project management processes applied and managed effectively.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the TRU Programme.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Friends & family rail and bus travel offers with FirstGroup services*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
- Plus, high street and lifestyle discounts as well as a cycle to work scheme*.
*Terms and conditions apply.
If the above sounds like a bit of you, then we'd love to receive your CV and a short cover letter to help us understand why you're the best person for this role please visit FirstGroup Careers.
Help take the north further.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- Closing Date:27 March 2023