Train Crew Strategy Projects Lead
Do you have drive, enthusiasm and a passion to help take the North further? If yes, then come and be part of our amazing team here at TransPennine Express.
We are an intercity train company connecting people and communities across our cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. Together we will continue to transform rail travel with faster, easier journeys that offer a step change in services with our fleet of new high-tech trains.
The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving. If you want to be involved in something truly transformative, that will have a lasting impact on how we travel, then please join us and help us to take the North further.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Major Projects Team as the Subject Matter Expert for Traincrew resourcing in the long-term.
Are you a Traincrew Diagramming expert who wants to be involved in strategic thinking and help to shape the long-term future of the Railway in the North from 2030 and beyond? With several significant infrastructure programmes on the horizon, in particular the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), this is your chance to provide insight and intelligence on Traincrew diagramming to feed into potential future service options in the North aligned with future infrastructure programmes. Your outputs will be used to inform the Business Case for investment in Rolling Stock, future infrastructure and strategic choice regarding Depots and Stabling.
A technology savvy self-starter with a Traincrew diagramming background, the ideal candidate will have experience of how traincrew links and rostering works in real life, alongside good knowledge of diagramming and modelling systems. The ability to interpret, create and present analytical data offering insights to support the Major Projects Team and Industry Infrastructure Programmes will be vital for this role.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we'd love to hear from you! please visit FirstGroup Careers, complete an application form and upload a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.
Help take the north further.
What we offer?
- Excellent career prospects.
- A personal development plan.
- Fully funded structured training and development*.
- Competitive salary paid on 4 weekly basis.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Free TransPennine Express rail travel for you and your dependants*.
- Travel discounts of up to 75% off other train operating companies, plus international rail travel after 1 years' service* for you and your dependants*.
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any finance, family, health, or wellbeing issues you have. We make sure there's someone on-hand to offer guidance, advice, and useful information for our people when they are experiencing hardship at work or at home.
- Option to join the Railway Pension Scheme with significant employer contributions.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity benefits.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Why Work with us?
Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other'. As an inclusive employer we value individuals' contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
- Company:TransPennine Express Limited
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:Bridgewater House - TPE Head Office (Manchester)
- Closing Date:12 June 2023